Patient Resources for Eosinophilic Esophagitis
Find information online for patients and parents. Miraca Life Sciences is not affiliated with any of these organizations.
AAAAI (American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology)
- Professional organization with 6,800+ members of allergists/immunologists in 73 countries
ACAAI (American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology)
- This organization also is an American affiliate of WAO.
APFED (American Partnership for Eosinophilic Disorders)
- Organization that provides numerous resources related to eosinophil-associated disorders
CHOC Children’s Eosinophilic Esophagitis Clinic
- Based in Orange, Calif., this center is a multidisciplinary clinic “dedicated to treating all of the symptoms of” EoE
- List of patient resources
Cincinnati Center for Eosinophilic Disorders
- Comprehensive clinic with experts in diagnosis, treatment and research for eosinophilic disorders
CURED (Campaign Urging Research for Eosinophilic Disease)
- This group in Washington state is a resource for EoE patients. Its Facebook page includes a survey from researcher Evan Dellon, MD
- Facebook page
EoE information from AGA (American Gastroenterologists Association)
- Reference information for both patients and physicians.
Eosinophilic Family Coalition
- Non-profit support group with a mission to support and enhance the lives of families living with Eosinophilic Disorders
Eosinophilic Family Support Network
- Facebook group with more than 5,000 members, providing a wide network for patients to connect
- Support group based in Tucson, Ariz., with some touching patient stories
Lab of Marc Rothenberg, MD, PhD, at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
NASPGHAN (North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition)
- Professional organization with 1,800+ pediatric gastroenterologists dedicated to improving digestive health and nutrition of children
World Allergy Organization (WAO)
- Global forum for allergy, asthma and clinical immunology. In June 2012, the annual meeting topic was “Eosinophilia and Co-Morbid Conditions,” of which Dr. Marc Rothenberg was a presenter. The WAO Journal includes clinical reviews, original research, position papers, and epidemiological studies.