At Miraca Life Sciences, we believe Every Patient Deserves the Right Answer. It’s our guiding philosophy every day.
You may have received a pathology report from Miraca from your physician or an invoice from Miraca Life Sciences (or one of our sister labs) for pathology services. On this site, you can pay your bill, learn about common conditions and find helpful information about your diagnosis.
What is Pathology?
Miraca is a leader in anatomic pathology services. We receive thousands of tissue specimens each day which are processed in our laboratories and carefully reviewed under a microscope by our pathologists.
How is Miraca Life Sciences Different?
Miraca is a leading provider of anatomic pathology services with distinct differences:
- More than 5,500 patients each day
- Sub-specialists in Dermatopathology, GI pathology, Hematopathology and Urologic pathology, including PhD Cytogeneticists
- Academic-caliber faculty—many have held, or currently hold, faculty positions at respected academic institutions, such as Johns Hopkins, Harvard Medical Schools, UT Southwestern, and M.D. Anderson
- Unique practice modeled on comprehensive expertise via sub-subspecialization, ongoing education of faculty as well as fellows and residents, and a consensus-based approach to terminology and diagnostic criteria.
- Active participation in research, including presentations at national/international meetings, books/book chapters, and peer-reviewed publications
Why Providers Choose Miraca Life Sciences for Laboratory Services
Physicians who choose Miraca Life Sciences know us for our commitment to quality and the day-to-day processes that set us apart.
- Our doctors in all subspecialties hold daily consensus conferences at large multi-headed microscopes to review difficult cases to make sure those cases get the most accurate and definitive diagnoses
- Our interpretations are frequently reviewed at outside academic institutions as part of good patient care. We have an extraordinary diagnostic concordance (agreement) rate with outside academic institutions: 99.67% agreement in 2014-2015.
- We have the most stringent laboratory quality-control processes:
- Video receipt of each package
- Double-blind accessioning of patients to minimize entry errors
- Positive patient identification at each tissue-transfer step to minimize specimen switching
- Point-to-point tracking throughout the process to assure specimen integrity
- “Matchmaker” reconciliation with visual matching of each block and slide prior to case delivery to pathologists
- We also have state-of-the-art equipment and the most advanced testing offerings and platforms
- Our Innovation Committee performs a professional review of all new tests to ensure medical necessity, achievement of performance thresholds, and proper implementation and training of lab and medical staff as well as our clinician clients.
Miraca Life Sciences is a premier provider of anatomic pathology services, and we are honored to receive thousands of specimens each day. Each one represents the trust of a physician and a patient who deserves the right answer.