Comprehensive Breast Pathology
Miraca Life Sciences offers a full range of testing for breast disease diagnosis and management.
Genetic testing is provided by Baylor Genetics—a joint venture between Baylor College of Medicine and Miraca Holdings. Initially launched in 2014 as Baylor Miraca Genetics Laboratories, this venture was built on Baylor’s existing Medical Genetics Laboratories, which engages in clinical laboratory genetic testing. Baylor has provided diagnostics services for more than 35 years and is the no. 1 National Institutes of Health-funded genetics program.
- TNM staging per CAP protocols
- Sentinel lymph node protocols (H&E, IHC)
- ER/PR/Ki67/HER2 predictive/prognostic testing
- Metastasis confirmation
- Calcifications confirmation
Genomic Testing Services
- Recurrence management with additional tests as needed
- Breast Cancer Gene Mutation Panel (Performed by Baylor Genetics)
- BRCA1 and BRCA2 Screening (Performed by Baylor Genetics)
- High Risk Hereditary Breast Cancer Panel (7 genes: BRCA1, BRCA2, CDH1, PALB2, PTEN, STK11, TP53) (Performed by Baylor Genetics)
- Tamoxifen CYP2D6 Genotype by PCRE-Cadherin (IHC)
- EGFR (IHC)
National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) Guidelines support testing for the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes in patients suspected of hereditary breast and/or ovarian cancer syndromes. Use Miraca’s NCCN Criteria form to help determine if your patient meets criteria in the NCCN Guidelines for genetic risk evaluation of breast and/or ovarian cancer. Miraca often can use this information, in addition to clinical notes, for prior authorization requests.
Insurance and Billing Information for Genomic Testing